These Protein Packed Cinnamon Toast Crunch S'mores Bars are a take on classic s'mores and are made with just a few simple ingredients. They are a high protein snack, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect treat for now or later! Bonus - these can even be made dairy free and with your favorite cereal!
Ingredients and Substitutions
All substitution options are a 1:1 substitution unless noted otherwise.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch: Any of your favorite cereals will work in order to get slightly different flavors. A cereal similar to graham crackers is preferred. Golden Graham's cereal would be delicious! We like whole grain cereal choices as well. It's always good to test your ingredients to make sure you're not using stale cereal to start.
- Marshmallows: Any plain or vanilla marshmallows will work, see notes above about preferred brands. Mini marshmallows will also work. Marshmallow fluff will not work since it does not become solid at room temperature.
- Butter: Coconut oil may work but this has not been tested. Salted or Unsalted butter can be used or vegan butter.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Any vanilla protein powder can be used or this can be omitted. Some options include a whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, and soy protein isolate.
- Chocolate Chips: Use your favorite chocolate chips, some of our favorites are Lily’s. You can also use white chocolate, a chocolate bar, chocolate chunks, or cocoa powder mixed with coconut oil. Chocolate peanut butter works well too.
How to make S'mores Bars:
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and continue to heat on low until almost melted and you are left with just gooey marshmallows.
- Mix in protein! When marshmallows are almost completely liquid, add the protein powder to the marshmallow mixture and continue to stir over low heat until dissolved, usually a couple of minutes.
- Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal! Remove pot from heat and gently stir in cereal.
- Let cool, then add your favorite toppings. We like melted chocolate and marshmallows on top!
Watch how to make this
Does any protein work?
While technically yes, any vanilla protein will work, we highly recommend I Heart Macros for any protein bars, baked goods, or cooked recipes. This protein does not have a traditional chalky, artificial flavor taste and is much easier on the stomach for those who have a hard time digesting protein. Collagen will also work!
How do I make this vegan?
Great question! This recipe can be made vegan with the use of vegan butter (like Earth Balance) and vegan marshmallows (like Dandies).
Does a certain marshmallow work best?
Mini marshmallows will melt the quickest, but any marshmallow works great.
How do I keep the cereal from sticking while spreading them out?
Use a silicone spatula that is wetted to keep the marshmallow from sticking.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 4 cups cinnamon toast crunch
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips melted
- Melt butter over low to medium heat in large non stick pot
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir continuously over low heat until marshmallows are almost melted. Using a silicon spatula for this will help keep the marshmallow from sticking to everything.
- Add protein powder and stir until dissolved and marshmallows are completely melted
- Remove from heat and add cereal
- Stir gently (the more gentle you stir, the more tender the bars will be) until cereal is completely coated
- Transfer mixture to a resealable 8x8 container and gently press into pan. When pressing into pan, get silicon spatula wet and then press. This helps to keep the mixture from sticking to the spatula
- Let set for 20 minutes to set up, then add your favorite toppings. We like to add melted chocolate and more marshmallows.