This creamy Mediterranean salmon is easy to make, ready in 15 minutes, and filled with flavor! Made with creamy Greek yogurt, bright lemons, and the wonder seasoning - steak seasoning. It’s gluten free, protein packed, and made with only natural sugar!
Creamy Mediterranean Salmon Ingredients
How to make Creamy Mediterranean Salmon:
- Preheat the oven! To 350 degrees.
- Prep the salmon. If using fresh salmon, pat dry and place on a foil lined baking sheet. If using frozen, place in a bowl of cold water for 10-15 minutes to thaw, then pat dry and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Add oil. Evenly pour oil over salmon filets.
- Add lemon. Cut one lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the salmon, trying to evenly distribute juice over each salmon filet. I like to squeeze the lemon in my hand first and allow the juice to drip through my fingers to avoid getting the seeds on the salmon.
- Add seasoning. Sprinkle steak seasoning over salmon filets.
- Add more lemon and garlic. Cut the other lemon into 8 even slices. Top each salmon filet with 2 lemon slices. Add ½ of a clove of garlic (whole) on top or on the side of each salmon filet, just so it is touching.
- Bake. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Make the sauce! Add Greek yogurt, feta, oregano, and salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until fluffy. (This can also be hand mixed, but whipping is highly recommended!)
- Enjoy! Remove the lemon slices from the salmon filets and top with yogurt sauce and enjoy! We like to have this with our Citrus Orzo Salad!
How long does this dish take? 15 minutes if using fresh salmon or 25 minutes if using frozen salmon
How much does this make? 4 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is gluten free and refined sugar free and can be made dairy free by not using the sauce
How many bowls should I plan for this meal? One food processor or blender (for sauce) and 1 pan (for salmon)
How long does this keep? The salmon keeps 3 days week in the fridge and the sauce keeps 1 week in the fridge
Is it freezer friendly? Yes! Just store the salmon and sauce separately. Both will keep 1 month in the freezer
Can I pack this for lunch? Sure! Just keep cold (next to an ice pack, in a cooler) and keep the sauce separate if you plan to reheat the salmon
Salmon: Trout or a white fish could be used in place of salmon
Avocado Oil: Olive oil can be used in place of avocado oil
Lemon: Lemon juice can be used in place of fresh lemons and you can omit topping the salmon with lemon slices
Steak Seasoning: A combination of garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, sugar, and thyme can be used in place of steak seasoning. A lemon garlic seasoning would also be good! Or, plain salt and pepper.
Greek Yogurt: Plain dairy free or plant based Greek yogurt or a thick yogurt can be used
Feta: No substitution for this, but you could add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the sauce in place of feta and it would be very good also! Just, a different type of sauce.
Oregano: Sorry, no substitution for this, but garlic powder could be used in place of oregano to make a different type of sauce.
Salmon is high in protein and filled with healthy omega-3s! Salmon also has Antioxidant Astaxanthin, which is where salmon gets its pink color. The astaxanthin has been shown to lower your risk of heart disease by lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good cholesterol! (Source).
Note: Joy to the Food gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Try these other delicious recipes!
Creamy Mediterranean Salmon
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If salmon is frozen, place in a bowl of cold water to thaw for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat salmon dry and line a baking sheet with foil. Place salmon on flat on the lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil, squeeze one lemon over the salmon filets, and top with steak seasoning.
- Cut lemon in thin slices and lay on top of salmon. Place ½ of a clove of whole garlic next to or on top of each filet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Make the sauce while the salmon is cooking.
To make sauce:
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until creamy
- Remove the lemon slices and garlic cloves from the salmon and top with creamy sauce and enjoy!
Leave a Reply