This creamy Mediterranean salmon is easy to make, ready in 15 minutes, and filled with flavor! Made with creamy Greek yogurt, bright lemons, and the wonder seasoning - steak seasoning. It’s gluten-free, protein-packed, and made with only natural sugar!
Ingredients and Substitutitons
- Salmon: Trout or a white fish could be used in place of salmon.
- Avocado Oil: Olive oil can be used in place of avocado oil.
- Lemon: Lemon juice can be used in place of fresh lemons and you can omit topping the salmon with lemon slices.
- Steak Seasoning: A combination of garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, sugar, and thyme can be used in place of steak seasoning. A lemon garlic seasoning would also be good! Or, plain salt and pepper.
- Greek Yogurt: Plain dairy-free or plant-based Greek yogurt or a thick yogurt can be used.
- Feta: No substitution for this, but you could add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the sauce in place of feta and it would be very good also! Just, a different type of sauce.
- Oregano: Sorry, no substitution for this, but garlic powder could be used in place of oregano to make a different type of sauce.
How to make Mediterranean Salmon:
Step one: prep
Preheat the oven and prep the salmon
Step two: Season and bake
Season the salmon, top with lemon slices and garlic, and bake in a lined tray.
Step three: make the sauce
While the salmon bakes, blend the sauce ingredients until fluffy.
Step four: Combine
Top the salmon with your creamy sauce and enjoy!
Watch how to make this salmon
No, the lemons just help to infuse flavor as it cooks. Just remove them before serving.
The best way is to check if it has an internal temperature of 145 degrees with a meat thermometer. The other option is to slice the filet open to check that the salmon has turned light pink and flaky.
Yes, wild-caught salmon will typically take a little longer to cook. It will also remain more pink and be a bit tougher when cooked than farm-raised.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If salmon is frozen, place in a bowl of cold water to thaw for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat salmon dry and line a baking sheet with foil. Place salmon flat on the lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil, squeeze one lemon over the salmon filets, and top with steak seasoning.
- Cut lemon in thin slices and lay on top of salmon. Place ½ of a clove of whole garlic next to or on top of each filet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Make the sauce while the salmon is cooking.
To make sauce:
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Remove the lemon slices and garlic cloves from the salmon and top with creamy sauce and enjoy!