This Mango Smoothie Bowl is made with just three simple ingredients! It features sweet mango, protein packed cashew butter, and delicious almond milk. It’s refined sugar free, gluten free, and vegan!
Mango Smoothie Bowl Ingredients:
How to make a Mango Smoothie Bowl:
- Blend it up! Add the mango, cashew butter, and almond milk to your blender (like this one) and blend until smooth, usually 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it up. Add the smoothie to a bowl and load it up with your favorite toppings! We like granola, honey, chia seeds, and fresh fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, banana, dragon fruit, and cantaloupe.
How long does this dish take? 5 minutes
How much does this make? 4 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
How many bowls should I plan for this meal? 1 bowl
How long does this keep? 5 days in the fridge, 1 month in freezer
Is it freezer friendly? Yes
Is this meal prep friendly? Yes! This is a great meal prep option. We’d recommend putting the smoothie portion in a sealed container and keep it in the fridge or freezer. Then, when you are ready to eat, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How do I reheat this? If frozen, you can thaw in the microwave for 1 minute.
Can I pack this for lunch? Yup! Just keep it cold.
All substitution options are a 1:1 substitution unless noted otherwise.
Mango: Any starchy frozen fruit will work. Some examples are pineapple, banana, peaches, and papaya.
Cashew Butter: Cashews are a nice substitute if you don’t have cashew butter. Just blend the cashews and milk together until smooth before you add the mango in order to blend the cashews butter.
Almond Milk: Any kind of milk can be a substitute for almond milk. We also like to use flax, coconut, and regular milk!
Mango: Mangos come from an Evergreen tree which is a member of the cashew family of flowering plants. This must be why we think mango and cashews are a good combo! If you were to ask a botanist what a mango is they’d say it’s a “drupe”. This is because mangos are made up of a center seed, fleshy inside and thick skin on the outside. (source)
Try these other delicious recipes!
Note: Joy to the Food gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- 3 cups mangos frozen
- 1 cup milk plant based
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, usually 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy topped with your favorite things! Some of ours are honey, granola, chia seeds, flax seed, and fresh fruit.