This Ranch BLT Pasta Salad is an easy, healthy meal that is perfect for meal prep. It is filled with salty bacon, tangy Greek yogurt ranch, and creamy avocado. It’s gluten free, refreshing, and free of refined sugar!
Ranch BLT Pasta Salad Ingredients
How to make Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta. Cook as directed on packaging. Run under cool water to cool or toss with ice cubes. The pasta can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept in a sealed container in the fridge. We use gluten free Banza pasta, such as this one for extra protein.
- Cook bacon. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and arrange 5 pieces on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and pat dry and crush into cubes.
- Prep veggies. Dice the red onion and avocado, half the tomatoes (if cherry tomatoes).
- Make dressing. Mix yogurt, oil, and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- Mix it all together. Toss everything in a large bowl. Enjoy!
Watch how to Make This
How long does this dish take? 30 minutes, including pasta and bacon cook time
How much does this make? 5-6 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is gluten free and refined sugar free. It can be made dairy free by using plant based plain Greek yogurt and dairy free ranch seasoning. Many ranch seasonings are dairy free, just check the ingredient list.
How many bowls should I plan for this meal? 1 large bowl, 1 pot, 1 pan
How long does this keep? 1 week in the fridge
Is it freezer friendly? No
Is this meal prep friendly? Yes! This is a great meal prep option. Just keep in a sealed container (like this one).
How do I reheat this? Just enjoy cold!
Can I pack this for lunch? Yup! Just keep it cold.
All substitution options are a 1:1 substitution unless noted otherwise.
Pasta: Any pasta can be used, gluten filled or gluten free. Just try to use a smaller pasta like a rotini or bow tie. Banza is a great,low carb, high protein option for pasta that is also gluten free. We are always amazed that we can’t tell the difference between Banza and regular pasta.
Bacon: Pancetta or ham could be used.
Avocado: Spinach can be used or this can be left out
Greek Yogurt: Any thick, unsweetened, dairy free yogurt can be used.
Ranch seasoning: A combo of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dill can be used or your favorite ranch seasoning packet. Keep an eye on the ingredient list of the packet if you need a dairy free seasoning.
Red Onion: Any onion can be used.
Cherry Tomatoes: Regular or Roma tomatoes can be used.
Avocado Oil: A light olive oil can be used.
The BLT has been ranked in the top 5 sandwiches in the US until 2019. The ingredients for this famous sandwich have been around for a very long time but the sandwich did not become popular until after World War II when ingredients became more readily available. By the 1970’s it was the 2nd most popular and was beginning to be referred to by the modern name and acronym - “BLT”. (Source)
Try these other delicious recipes!
Note: Joy to the Food gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- 16 oz banza rotini pasta
- 2 avocado
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ red onion
- 5 slices bacon
- ⅓ of a packet ranch seasoning
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt plain
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lime a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook pasta as directed, strain and run under cold water to cool immediately.
- Lay bacon on the foil lined sheet and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes, until crispy. When done, remove from the oven and pat dry with a paper towel. Chop or crunch the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- While the pasta and bacon is cooking, dice avocado and onion and half the cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- Mix Greek yogurt, avocado oil, and ranch seasoning until smooth and creamy in a large bowl.
- Combine everything in the large bowl with the dressing and gently mix to coat in sauce. If you are not sure how much sauce you’d like, put half of the dressing in a smaller bowl and add as needed until the desired coating is reached. Enjoy right away or leave in the fridge until ready to eat. This can be kept in the fridge for 5 days.