This No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe without Heavy Cream is made with just a few simple ingredients! It’s vegan, gluten-free, doesn't require an ice cream maker, and is ready in 5 minutes in the blender! It’s so creamy and sweet, my grandma thought it was pudding I froze… (I like to think of it as a classic custard base ice cream) and it’s so easy to make!
💬 Featured Comment
This is amazing! I had never made no-churn ice cream before and now that I know how simple it is I will be making it all of the time! Awesome! Thank you! Thanks, Kelly for your kind words!
Ingredients & Substitutions
All substitution options are a 1:1 substitution unless noted otherwise.
- Silk Non-Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream: Regular whipping cream will work. Other non-dairy whipping creams may work but have not been tested.
- Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: Any non-dairy sweetened condensed milk will work or traditional, dairy-sweetened condensed milk.
- Cinnamon and Vanilla: Any cinnamon or vanilla can be used or these can be omitted. Vanilla beans, vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract can be used also. Cinnamon extract can also be used.
- Apricot Jam: Any jam can be used or this can be left out for a delicious vanilla no-churn ice cream without heavy cream. Without jam, you would still have yummy homemade vanilla ice cream! This is such an easy homemade ice cream recipe that makes the perfect ice cream base for all different flavors!
How to make No Churn Ice Cream
- Add all ingredients except the jam to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into a bread tin or freezer-safe airtight container. Add the apricot jam and swirl into the mixture. Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy! You may have to let it sit out for a couple of minutes to soften.
Watch how to make this ice cream
Where can I find non-dairy whipping cream and condensed milk?
I discovered these awesome finds on a whim and have never looked back! Silk Heavy Whipping Cream can be found at Target and Walmart in the refrigerated milk section. Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk can be found at Walmart, Whole Foods, and Amazon.
These are all probably available elsewhere too, these are just the places I know they are sold at. You can also make your own in the Instant Pot, on the stovetop, or in the slow cooker like this recipe by Eating Bird Food.
Why do I swirl the jam in at the end?
I like to have ribbons of jam with every bite. The only way to do this is to swirl it in. If it was blended then the ice cream would be apricot flavored.
Can I use a different jam?
Totally, feel free to use your favorite jam!
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 16 oz Non-Dairy Heavy Whipping Cream
- 11.6 oz sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Add all ingredients, except apricot jam, to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and fluffy, usually 1-2 minutes
- Pour into freezer safe container, like a bread pan
- Add apricot jam in small spoonfuls and swirl into the cream
- Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight