This Apricot Cocktail is the perfect summer cocktail. This drink delivers its sweetness from honey, kick of lime, and is ready in 5 minutes.
Apricot Cocktail Ingredients
How to make a Apricot Cocktail
- Make the drink. Add half the ice and everything but the tonic to a glass or shaker. Shake or stir vigorously until mixture is cold.
- Strain. Because we are using jam, we have to strain the mixture through a sieve or shaker strainer by using a spoon to squish it through. Strain the mixture into a bowl or glass.
- Add ice and tonic. Pour over ice or add ice to the mixture and top with tonic. Enjoy!
How long does this dish take? 5 minutes
How much does this make? 2 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free.
How many pans should I plan for this meal? 1 mug or cocktail shaker, 1 strainer
How long does this keep? A couple hours
Is it freezer friendly? No
Can I make this ahead of time? Yup! Just make the mixture and store in the fridge until ready to use. When serving, add the ice and top with tonic.
Apricot Jam: Your favorite jam can be used (different cocktail at that point) or you can blend 2 fresh apricots. Or ask my mom to send you apricot jam.
Vodka: White rum or gin could be used.
Honey: Maple syrup, monk syrup, or simple syrup can be used.
Lime Juice: Lemon juice can be used or lime zest.
Tonic: Any tonic can be used, we like Elderflower Fever Tree.
Apricots are a stone fruit related to peaches, nectarines, and roses! They were domesticated more than 4000 years ago possibly in Armenia, but it is still a dispute as to where they originated from. Alexander the Great brought the fruit to Greece and English and Mexican settlers brought apricots to North America. Now, California produces 95% of the apricots in the US. Apricots grow well in California due to their tough nature and drought resistant nature. (Source)
Try these other delicious recipes!
Note: Joy to the Food gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- 3 part vodka
- 3 part apricot jam
- 1 part honey
- 1 part lime juice
- 1 cup ice plus ½ cup for serving
- ½ cup tonic water for topping
- Add ice, honey, lime juice, vodka, and apricot jam to a cocktail shaker or jar.
- Shake or stir vigorously until mixture is cold.
- Strain mixture into a bowl, glass, or pitcher. You will need to use the back of a spoon to squish down the mixture because the jam will jam up the strainer.
- Add ice and top with tonic!