This Peach Habanero Jam is ready in minutes. Made with no gelatin, this jam is vegan and has no processed sugar. With the kick of habanero and the sweetness of peaches, this jam is great on toast or tortilla chips!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Peaches: Pineapple is another good jam option
- Habanero: Any spicy pepper can be used instead of a habanero. The quantity needed will vary based on the level of spice of the chosen pepper. Jalapeno is a pretty low spice level as a general starting point.
- Lemon Juice: Orange juice can be used in place. This can be left out but I do love the brightness that citrus brings.
- Chia Seeds: Gelatin or Agar powder can be used instead but the mixture will need to simmer longer and the jam will need to set overnight. Using gelatin may also result in it not being vegan.
- Coconut Sugar: Honey or maple syrup can be used in place of the coconut sugar. If you use honey, this recipe will no longer be vegan. Regular granular sugar can also be used in place.
how to make this- step by step
- Blend. Add everything to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more peaches for a thicker consistency.
- Let it set for 30 minutes (or just enjoy as is).
*See detailed instructions below.
watch how to make this jam
Can I make this jam without sugar?
Yes, you can maple this without the coconut sugar but it will be quite tart and more liquidy. Try adding an additional 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to make up for it.
Can I make this peach jam without a blender?
Yes, this can be made without a blender but with some tips. Mash the peaches and mix them with everything else. Let this mixture sit in the fridge for a few hours, mixing every hour to evenly distribute the chia seeds.
more peach recipes and serving ideas
- 1 blender
- 1 cup peaches peeled and diced (thaw if frozen)
- ½ habanero sliced
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1-½ tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more peaches if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into jar and let thicken (if desired) and enjoy!
- Any pepper can be used, but may change the flavor. The spice can also be omitted, it will not affect the texture
- To amp up the heat, sauté the habanero with the sugar mixture! (Warning it will be spicy!). For less heat use a jalapeño or Fresno chili.
- The fruit can be blended with the chia seeds and liquid mixture and result in a more mashed texture.
- Other fruit can be used, but it seems to be best to stick with a fruit that has a stiffer makeup (for example - mango and banana do not make the best jam, in my opinion)