This blender tzatziki sauce is easy to make, ready in minutes, and a crowd pleaser! It is packed with protein from Greek yogurt and great as a dipping sauce, dressing, or marinade. It’s gluten free and free of refined sugar!
Blender Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients
Quick Look at Making Blender Tzatziki Sauce:
- Put everything in a blender! I like to put the yogurt in first, then the seasonings, then the cucumber, then the liquid. This keeps the seasonings from sticking from the side of the food processor or blender.
- Blend! And enjoy on a salad, with chicken or meat of choice, falafels, or with our spicy kale chips!
How long does this dish take? 10 minutes (including clean up)
How much does this make? 10 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is gluten free and refined sugar free
How many bowls should I plan for this meal? One blender or food processor is all ya need!
How long does this keep? 1 month in the fridge or 2-3 months in the freezer, in sealed container
Is it freezer friendly? Yes, be aware that when it thaws, any water in the yogurt will thaw first causing it to separate. Once thawed, just pop back in a blender or food processor for 30 seconds and enjoy!
Can I pack this for lunch? Sure! Just keep cold as you would yogurt
Greek Yogurt: Dairy free Greek style yogurt or thicker yogurt can be used in place of plain Greek yogurt. Just aim for a thick yogurt that has no flavor.
Lemon Juice: A small amount of white vinegar can be used in place of lemon juice, but be aware this will not result in the same flavor as lemon but will result in the same punch of acidity.
Cucumber: There are no good substitutes for this.. Zucchini could be tested, but has not been vetted with this recipe.
Dill: Sorry, no substitute for this one. Fresh or dried can be used.
Seasonings: Also, no substitution for these.
Avocado Oil: Olive oil can be used in place of avocado oil.
Red Pepper Flakes: Optional but a small amount of cayenne can be used in place of red pepper flakes.
Greek Yogurt has a solid amount of protein. This sauce has 5 grams of protein per serving! By comparison, an egg has 6 grams of protein. It is also packed with probiotics. These probiotics, along with the additional process to make Greek yogurt that requires straining out much of the lactose, make Greek yogurt easier for some people with food sensitivities to consume. (Yah, me!) (Source).
Try these other delicious recipes!
Blender Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup cucumbers
- Put all ingredients in the food processor and blend until creamy. I usually start with the yogurt and liquid and then add the seasoning and finally the cucumbers. I find the seasoning can get stuck in the corners otherwise. Test and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Enjoy with veggies, on a salad, with pita chips, however you like. Try it with some fun add ins, maybe mint and feta cheese!