It’s that time of year again! The holiday season! When morning coffee is swapped for that seasonal drink you’ve been waiting months for. Your favorite mug is filled with the wonderful flavor of gingerbread spice, pumpkin spice, peppermint, and holiday spirit! Those red cups start showing up from your local coffee shop. And the first thing we get come November 1st? A gingerbread latte! So, we developed this healthier version that is ready at home. This homemade gingerbread latte recipe is ready in minutes. It is warm, comforting, and has only natural sugar in. It is made with your favorite non-dairy milk making this festive latte not only vegan but the perfect addition for your holiday breakfast.
Table of Contents
Gingerbread Latte Ingredients
How to make a Gingerbread Latte
- Make espresso. As you normally would, or make strong coffee if you do not have a way to make espresso.
- Make gingerbread creamer. Add oat milk creamer, spices, molasses, and honey to an electric milk frother and froth. If you do not have an electric frother, add to a glass jar and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. Then frother either by covering and shaking vigorously or with a hand held frother.
- Combine brewed espresso and frothed milk mixture.
Does this meet my dietary needs?
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free.
Can I pack this for lunch?
Yup! Just keep in a thermos like this one!
Can I use regular coffee?
Yup! We recommend using an espresso roast or dark roast coffee that can stand up to the larger milk quantity that is typical of a latte.
Can this be made as an iced latte?
Sure can! Just don’t heat the milk and pour everything over lots of ice!
*All substitution options are a 1:1 substitution unless otherwise noted
Espresso: Any dark roast coffee or espresso can be used, even decaf!
Oat Milk Creamer: Any unsweetened creamer you like can be used, including whole milk or half and half.
Molasses: Date syrup can be used.
Honey: Maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar or brown sugar can be used in place of maple syrup.
Spices: Pumpkin pie spice can be used for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Minced ginger can be used in place of ground ginger.
Pairings: What does this yummy gingerbread latte recipe pair well with you ask? Well of course gingerbread cookies, gingerbread pancakes, and gingerbread donuts are delicious to dip in this drink to get some extra gingerbread flavor.
Gingerbread originated in Germany and Gingerbread men were created for women to find their dream man. It was said that if they could get a man to eat the gingerbread man, he would fall madly in love! According Swedish folklore, you can make any wishes with gingerbread men. You simply hold the cookie in your hand, make a wish, then crush the gingerbread man with your hand. If the cookie breaks into 3 pieces, your wish will come true! (Source)
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 4 Oz espresso or strong coffee
- 2/3 Cup oat milk
- 1/2 Tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Make espresso or strong coffee
- Add creamer, spices, molasses, and honey to an electric frother and froth. If you don’t have an electric frother, add ingredients to a glass jar and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. To froth, use a hand held frother or seal the jar and shake vigorously.
- Add espresso to two mugs and top with gingerbread creamer.