This peppermint mocha latte is ready in minutes. It is warm, comforting, and has no processed sugar. It is made with your favorite non-dairy milk, is vegan, and no espresso maker required!
Peppermint Mocha Latte Ingredients
How to make a Peppermint Mocha Latte
- Make coffee. As you normally would, or make espresso if you are fancy.
- Heat milk or creamer of choice. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds (in coffee cup)
- Add cocoa powder, sweetener, and peppermint to milk or creamer of choice.
- Froth. If you do not have a frother (like this one), the creamer mixture can be stirred with a fork or whisk or shaken in a jar. Just make sure the cocoa powder is fully incorporated.
- Add coffee over milk.
How long does this dish take? 5 minutes
How much does this make? 1 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free.
How many pans should I plan for this meal? 1 coffee cup
How long does this keep? 1 day
Is it freezer friendly? No
Can I pack this for lunch? Yup! Just keep in a thermos like this one
Where do I buy cocoa butter, maca powder, and collagen? These can all be found at Whole Foods and some health food stores. Collagen can be found at Target, Walmart, and TJ Maxx and Nordstrom. All three items can be found on amazon here, also. Cocoa Butter, Maca Powder, Collagen
Coffee: Decaf or espresso can be used in place of regular coffee. If using espresso, add additional milk or water for the lack of liquid.
Peppermint Extract: Spearmint can be used in a pinch but will taste more like gum. Otherwise, this can be left out for a regular mocha.
Cocoa Powder: Melted Chocolate chips can be used instead. But, also omit the maple syrup called for.
Maple Syrup: Honey, sugar, or coconut sugar can be used in place of maple syrup.
I know the cocoa butter is optional but it’s just such a cool ingredient! Cocoa Butter: Tastes like butter and white chocolate had a kid. So, really god on its own. Also, a healthy fat (which your body needs) and can be used to make lotions, lip balms, and chocolate bars. I love a versatile product. (Source)
Note: Joy to the Food gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 1 cup hot coffee or espresso
- 1 1/2 tbsp coco powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp creamer or milk of choice
- 3-4 drops peppermint extract
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1/4 tsp cocoa butter
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- To Make in Blender: Add all ingredients except coffee in blender and blend for 30 sec, or until foam begins to form. Pour milk mixture on top of coffee.
- To Make with Frother: Heat milk for 30 seconds. Put all ingredients except coffee in wide mouth jar, coffee mug, or similar. Mix until froth forms. Pour on top of coffee
- To Make in Jar: Heat milk and then add all ingredients except coffee to a jar (this can be an old olive jar, Tupperware, mason jar, anything with a lid you can shake), shake until froth forms and pour on top of coffee
- Cocoa Butter: creates a creamy texture (like butter) and melts at low temperatures
- Collagen: adds protein without affecting flavor
- Maca Powder: adds a nutty texture (really good in hazelnut drinks and recipes), sometimes can become gritty and overpowering if too much is used. Only used a tiny bit and add more as needed.
- Sprinkles and coconut whip cream, because why not?!