This Peach Habanero Jam is ready in minutes. Made with no gelatin, this jam is vegan and has no processed sugar. With the kick of habanero and the sweetness of peaches, this jam is great on toast or tortilla chips!
Peach Habanero Jam Ingredients
Quick Look at Making Peach Habanero Jam
- Blend. Add everything to the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more peaches for a thicker consistency.
- Let set for 30 minutes (or just enjoy as is).
*See detailed instructions below.
How long does this dish take? 15 minutes
How much does this make? 20 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free.
How many pans should I plan for this meal? 1 blender
How long does this keep? 2-3 months
Is it freezer friendly? Yes
Can I pack this for lunch? Yup! Just keep separate from bread or whatever you plan to use it with.
Where do I buy chia seeds? They can be found in most grocery stores in the health food section and here, on Amazon.
Peaches: Pineapple is another good jam option
Habanero: Any spicy pepper can be used instead of a habanero. The quantity needed will vary based on level of spice of chosen pepper.
Lemon Juice: Orange juice can be used in place. This can be left out but I do love the brightness that citrus brings.
Chia Seeds: Gelatin or Agar powder can be used instead but the mixture will need to simmer longer and the jam will need to set overnight. Using gelatin may also result in it not being vegan.
Coconut Sugar: Honey or maple syrup can be used in place of the coconut sugar. If using honey, this recipe will no longer be vegan. Regular granular sugar can also be used in place.
Chia seeds are a superfood. They have been consumed for thousands of years and the word “chia” translates in Mayan to “strength”. A serving of chia seeds has 12 carbohydrates, of those, 11 are fiber. This incredibly high fiber to carb ratio is what allows chia seeds to Absorb liquid. They can absorb 10-12 times their weight in water - ya for jam making! (Source)
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 1 cup peaches peeled and diced (thaw if frozen)
- ½ habanero sliced
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1-½ tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more peaches if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into jar and let thicken (if desired) and enjoy!
- Any pepper can be used, but may change the flavor. The spice can also be omitted, it will not affect the texture
- To amp up the heat, sauté the habanero with the sugar mixture! (Warning it will be spicy!). For less heat use a jalapeño or Fresno chili.
- The fruit can be blended with the chia seeds and liquid mixture and result in a more mashed texture.
- Other fruit can be used, but it seems to be best to stick with a fruit that has a stiffer makeup (for example - mango and banana do not make the best jam, in my opinion)