This Cilantro Lime Rice is easy to make, ready in 25 minutes, and is the perfect addition to any meal! Made with bright cilantro and zesty lime, it’s vegan, gluten free, and delicious!
Cilantro Lime Rice Ingredients
How to make a Cilantro Lime Rice
- Make the rice. Rinse the rice in a strainer until the water runs clear. Add the water, salt, and rice to the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid. Set the pressure to high and the timer to 4 minutes and let it go. It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to build up pressure.
- Prep the cilantro. Finely dice the cilantro.
- Mix it together. When the Instant Pot says 4 minutes are up, let the pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Then manually release the remaining pressure. Add the lime juice and chopped cilantro and fluff with a fork and mix.
How long does this dish take? 25 minutes
How much does this make? 4 servings
Does this meet my dietary needs? This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
How many bowls should I plan for this meal? 1 Instant Pot
How long does this keep? 1 week in the fridge in a sealed container
Is it freezer friendly? No
Can I pack this for lunch? Yup!
All substitution options are a 1:1 substitution unless noted otherwise.
Rice: Any type of rice can be used, except instant rice.
Lime Juice: Lemon juice can be used but will result in a different flavor.
Cilantro: Fresh parsley or dried cilantro can be used.
Salt and Water: Sorry, no substitutions for these.
Rice is a staple in every house hold. Not only is it cheap, but it is good for years (10-30 years to be exact!). Rice is grown on every continent except antarctica, making it readily available. Rice is so readily available, that the Ming dynasty used rice and calcium carbonate to create the mortar for the bricks in the Great Wall of China. (Source)
Try these other delicious recipes!
Note: Joy to the Food gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro or 1/8 cup dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse rice in water until the water runs clear.
- Put rice and water into instant pot, lock the lid, and set the timer to 4 minutes on high pressure. It will take the pot about 10 minutes to build pressure.
- While the instant pot is working it’s magic, finely dice the cilantro.
- Once the time is up on the instant pot, let the pot naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Add the lime juice and cilantro and mix.